Monday, July 12, 2010

Some time in rewind.

So I realized I have been away awhile.  
Life has been a little hectic.  
I live out of a suitcase and/or duffel bag.
So I thought that over the next random while I would post random pictures and/or stories of what has been going on for the last few months.
Because believe me, a lot has been going on.
What happened first?
Can I actually remember anything before this morning?

Oh yeah.
I graduated.
It was a necessary requirement before starting grad school in the fall.
I know this because BYU sent me a 2 letters and about 20 emails telling me so.
Graduation?
It was cool...at times.
At times it was very, very hot.
and long,
and exhausting.
Here is a picture recap of my graduation experience.
In a great deal of pictures.
Here we go:


DAY 1

So I decided that I probably should look like a girl.
It took me a long time to remember how to do so.
But it didn't stop us from taking pictures of it.


Success!

I think...
how do I put this thing on again?






Getting out of the door for the big ceremony was apparently harder than we had originally planned.
For a man with no grasp on the humorous he is quite the ham.
jk dad jk.
:)



Pictures during processional.










Because pictures are priceless.
And really,
who want to forget walking in heels and sweating to death in those dark blue robes.
Thank goodness I was not getting a doctorate.
They wore thick black velvety things.
Welcome to Hogwarts you doctor you.

After the processional and big ceremony.
The sistas:


and the awesome little brother Deruda helping a sister out.


and in case a picture is not enough...
(because really a picture may say a thousand words but in a video you can hear at least 1500)


DAY 2:

The day of extreme exhaustion,
and more girly time.
Here is how I feel about girly time:


But I survived to graduate another day.
With my department,
in my own little college.
With some friends from field school.


Cool story.
My department, 
(the department of Anthropology)
is the first department to 'walk' and receive their diplomas.
That is because we go alphabetically.
And A is first.
And anthropology starts with an A.
Well, I randomly got picked to go first.
So, outside of the doctors, masters, and valedictorians,
I was the first undergrad to receive my diploma.


I gave them this card, another one with my name on it, received my diploma, and then laughed silently in my comfy chair as everyone else went through the very, very long line.
Booyah!

Pictures after the ceremony.
The sistas came again.


Deruda skipped out because that piggyback the day before probably wiped him out.
Wimp.
:)

The parentals.


Apparently graduation caps are really cool and everyone wants to wear one.




Some more random pics on a rock.
Because, you know, pictures are so much cooler on a rock.
Yay, for the cita.
She's practicing for when she graduates with her masters in just a short time.


And her hair is really pretty.

So there you go.
I am now a college graduate.
These pictures are proof.
And I feel pretty ok about that.


Don't worry,
more randomness will definitely follow.
Adios for now!

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Congratulations on graduating Allison! I am so jealous you got to go to the middle east. Also, you're beautiful in your graduation pictures! (and your other pictures too)