Monday, July 19, 2010

Full of empty promises and holes really.

So, a while back I may have talked about posting awesomeness from my recent sweet travels.
I'm still working on it.  
Kind of.
No worries though.
My family hasn't even seen pictures from my travels.
And stories have been minimal.
I'm just moving around to much,
life is moving forward to fast,
and I simply haven't had time to catch up.
...or unpack for that matter.

So, while I may not be able to catch up on recent travels I can post about my job now.
As an awesome archaeologist,
in the beautiful land of Kanab, Utah.
Next to the Black Ass Ranch.
Yes, that is the name of the ranch.
I have seen the namesake (a black donkey),
and the owner is getting us all hats with the logo on it.
Pretty awesome eh? 
:)


This is the awesome pit house I have been working on for the last 2 weeks.
We discovered it on my 2nd day when I accidentally ran into a "wing wall".  
Now there is an entire house!!!
That is pretty cool really.



These are some other pit houses that are above below and around the one I have been in.
They are all really cool.
Definitely different than digging in the Old World but still super cool.


Taking pictures of the bottomless pit in the wall of our pit house.
We actually think that Dabalae (name changed to her gangster name), found a pit house beneath the one we are standing on at the bottom of her pit.
Popular spot apparently.



Digging in the pit.
It was actually deeper than it looks.
It also was a bit moist down there.
And you saw stars and black spots if you got out of it to fast.


But it is ok, because I am digging, and digging makes me happy.
I'm smiling here.
Though you can't see it behind my bandit bandanna, it is true.

So, there you go.
On a non-archaeological note,
here is my favorite part of the 4th of July.
T-dog and his awesomeness.

No comments: