Monday, February 22, 2010

Weak Sauce--I am weak sauce.

For those of you who are wondering how the running/swimming training is going...well it isn't.  Unless, of course, you count the fact that I am drowning in statistical formulas and vocabulary.  

The good news?  If I'm able to finish according to plan I will be done with my lessons in two weeks, study for my final, and be DONE with the class in 3 weeks.  

The statistical probability of that happening apparently is uncomputable due to the lack of repeated simple random samples of all the possible outcomes of repeated observations.  But, if I did have a sample space consisting of the random phenomenon of all possible outcomes, the probability of me completing the class would be:

P(A) = count of outcomes in an event of interest / count of outcomes in the sample space

(where P is the Probability that A (the event of interest) will occur)

I could give you deviations, derivatives, slopes, percentages, means, z-scores, intercepts, and who knows what else, but lets pass on that for today.

See?  I am doing my homework.

No comments: