Thursday, February 4, 2010

Weak Sauce--The blister and the brother ♥

So I went running with Otis and company on Monday.  It's been awhile since I ran, thus the development of the blister on the arch of my left foot.  While I was running, I could definitely feel it forming, but I must say that I was surprised when I took off my shoe and found this puss filled beast in there.  I know it is puss-filled, because it popped last night, and there was puss literally squirting everywhere.  I hope no one eats while they read this.  
Well, the next day (Tuesday), I went for another run, and it was a bit excruciating.  Afterwards I was looking at old pictures on my computer and came across this baby:
Now, this picture was not taken by me...obviously.  My dad cannot take an in-focus picture to save his life.  I found it humbling that as I was thinking about the gross blister on my foot, I came across a picture of the little juan's foot when he was running in high school.  Yes, that disgusting, rotting looking thing taking up over 50% of my brother's foot is a blister.  It was so bad that they had to take him to the hospital.  And I thought my feet were bad when I was doing ballet.  So there is the humbling moment for this week.  
So I am trying to get my independent study statistics class done asap.  I'm making pretty good progress.  I figure that if I do about 3 lessons a day I can get the class done in just under a month.  That would be fabulous.  I'm a little behind but I think I can catch up...if I stop posting pictures on my blog of gross feet. :)  No, it's going pretty well.
The neatest thing about yesterday was that after the longest day ever (just doing homework) I got out of the car to see the whisper of a rainbow to end a very sunny day.  I tried to get a picture of it, it was really hard because it was so faint but here is the best, unedited shot.
It was very small but it was beautiful and made me happy.  
I really miss my brother today, I can't wait until he comes home from Peru.  I try not to think about him a ton because then I miss him and get sad.  When he was at college he would call me every other week asking my advice or just to talk.  So sometimes it is hard when I kind of expect a call and then realize that he can't call.  :(
It also didn't help that I came across a bunch of pictures of him yesterday from before the mission.  
Yes, I realize his eyes are closed and gum is falling out of his mouth, but the padre looks great. :)
I ♥ love ♥ that he is goofy and has big ears...yep, it's a favorite.

No comments: