Friday, January 8, 2010

Weak Sauce--Running in the living room.

So I have been sick...for weeks.  I got sick with a horrible cough right before finals--which means I simply got worse because of finals.  You push yourself pretty hard for those two weeks.  Then, after a little less then a week reprieve, I got sick again with a head cold.  Living in a house with 9 other people does strange things to your immune system.  So after sick and often bedridden for the last...month, I have finally been well enough to try to get back into the swing of things.  Being sick has done horrible things to my endurance and that is more than a little frustrating, but I'm trying to keep on, keeping on.
Before the illnesses of death and destruction my good friend Otis and I would go swimming and running.  I would teach her how to swim, she was teaching me how to run.  I was up to 3-4 miles the last week we exercised together.  Now I'm trying to jog about 30 min. every night.  I still can't handle the cold air, it gets me coughing like you wouldn't believe, but working out in the living room has it's advantages...like running BAREFOOT!!! (one of my favorites)  I also started doing those workout dvd's by Jillian Michaels.  I did an hour long one on Tuesday, and on Wednesday...I felt as though I was paralyzed.  Lots of soreness.  The auntie and I did a 20 min. one yesterday, and today there is a little soreness but I feel great otherwise!  Yay!  Hopefully within the next little bit I'll be able to build up all that strength I lost the past month.  We'll see.

No comments: