Friday, January 22, 2010

The Quote Box--The $10 gift card.

Yesterday I went up to campus to be a model for my friend for her theater makeup class.  Talk about the coolest class ever.  It is in the basement of the Harris Fine Arts Center, which can honestly be pretty creepy.  Basements with black walls/doors, dimly lit passages, and strange twists and turns, tend to be like that.  Yesterday they were working on airbrush makeup.  This was my first time being "airbrushed", and I've got to admit, I'm a HUGE fan.  You close your eyes, hold your breath, and it feels like someone is using one of those squirt fans that cool you off and fan you at the same time.  The you open your eyes and you have the most glorious, WEIGHTLESS, blemish-free, skin-tone.  Apparently you can sweat through it, it doesn't come off on your clothes, and it is virtually invisible (unless you put a ridiculous amount on).  All in all, good experience.  I liked it so much that I begged to come back on Tuesday when she is doing her graded airbrushing.
After the class I took my $10 gift card to the BYU Bookstore.  I got 2 books for fun from the clearance section (best invention ever).  I got a lot of archaeology books for Christmas so I thought I would just get some fun books.  I got The Book of Positive Quotations by John Cook.  Talk about 450 pages of quotation awesomeness!  The other book is a little thing called Teach Yourself Hieroglyphics.  Definitely not a replacement for a textbook or class, but interesting and kind of fun just the same.  So I'm having fun with those two.  Last night the cita and I played a game where You flip through through the book and randomly select quotes.  It was very thought provoking but mainly just fun.  Here is one of my favorites from yesterday:
"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty-minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is"  -C.S. Lewis

No comments: