Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sandwich Day Monday--getting all domestic

Sometimes I like to get all domestic...because I am in no way a domestic person nor lead a domestic life.  When I do randomly decide to get all domestic, it really confuses people, and that is what I'm all about...mass confusion.  So yesterday, since the padre is across the country, I got the 'Honey-do list', and I 'honey do' so well that I was done by noon, and got to make cream puffs for the first time.  The top of the list was erasing all remnants of Christmas...if you've been to the casa you would understand what a huge job this is.  The longest part of the job?  (other than carrying 5 million boxes down to the basement) GETTING THE LIGHTS OFF THE TREE!!!!

Yes, the padre likes to put 1000+ lights up every year, twirling, twisting and tangling around each branch.  Gorgeous finished product, but the devil to get off.  I don't know how it happened but somehow it got twirled, twisted, and tangled around my neck....not the best feeling.

The final domestic act of the day was making, for the first time, cream puffs.  They were puffy, creamy and absolutely scrumptious.  Probably will do that again sometime.  Although I really wish they wouldn't put the caloric intake next to the recipe.  It is a bit of a downer...and yet, had no influence on how many everyone ate.  Oh well. :)
T-dog loved them too...obviously.  Although I'm not sure if it was the sugary creamy goodness or the bread part.  This little boy loves his bread...hence the incredible amount of continuous energy bursting from him constantly. :)

No comments: