Friday, May 4, 2012

TROY!!! - Check off one for the bucket list

Today I went to Troy.


Yes, I did the touristy Trojan Horse thing.
No, I am not ashamed at all. 
:)



Water channels!


The famous walls of Troy.


A pose-worthy piece of fallen ceiling. 


Overlooking the location where Schliemann "supposedly" found his treasure trove of goods. 


Hiking through the edges of the site.
There were a lot of sea-shells here.


What remains of the large theater.
The prayer bubble was in full force here.
The large snake we were warned about didn't make an appearance.
I thank God for that, quite literally.


Bruce, or his backside anyway.
;)



Bruce lounging and smoking...


...notice the no smoking sign.


After we left Troy we went to Assos and found a hotel
This is the view from our table at lunch.
Unbelievable right?


This is what I had for lunch.
Also quite unbelievable.


So, very, very, very good day.

Hope for many more to come!


♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: