Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tender Mercies -- a listening ear.

I had the most wonderful afternoon today.
Today as a whole was pretty good (Mondays and Wednesdays are my work instead of school days).
I worked at the museum,
then I went to the class I TA for,
and then my good friend and I sat in the hallway of the JFSB for over 2 hours talking.

It was so nice.
Life has been pretty lonely.
My research trip was wonderful but not without some pretty excruciating trials.
I got home, started a wonderful new job, but I'm still figuring out some things.
I haven't really had anyone to talk to for awhile.
I didn't think I was much of a talker but I certainly was today.
Poor Lynn got an ear full.

Lynn and I are in the same cohort, meaning we had basically all the same classes our first year.
So we talked, struggled, and pulled through a lot with the other girls in our class.
It has been a long time so we caught up on crazy things.
Like her crazy experiences this summer,
and my experiences with crazy people.
:)

Anyway, bottom line:
I am grateful for kind people,
who sacrifice their time and sanity for someone.
Because really,
I think we all are struggling a bit more than we let on.

Often more than a bit.

♥ ♥ ♥


No comments: