Sunday, August 21, 2011

The end of Project 52

I honestly wondered if this would happen but it has.

Over a year ago (on August 1, 2010) I started a photo project to document a very important year in my life.
The goal was to take a picture each week that summarized my feelings for the week.
It is now completed.
Which is really strange.

This year I started and completed my first year of grad school,
decided on my thesis subject,
got a grant to get my data for my thesis,
excavated in Jordan,
researched for 2 weeks at the American Center for Oriental Research in Amman, Jordan,
drove all over Italy and Sicily to Roman theaters,
went to England and Wales,
decided to pursue a doctorate...in England,
and basically changed my life.

These are a select few things, and in no way give an accurate picture of this year; more things have happened and there is no way to include them all.

The overarching theme is:
Life is a gift, everything this year has attested to that.
It is a blessing.
For some reason that I cannot comprehend I am on this particular path.
I am so grateful for that.
It has been amazing and I have no doubt whatsoever that it will continue to be that way.
I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for all of these blessings.  
I wish I could tell you all of the miracles that have happened this year.
But it would go on for way to long, so I will resist. 

Suffice it to say, it has been a miraculous year.
Here is some photographic proof: 52 Lights in the Dark.


♥ ♥ ♥


1 comment:

Lydia said...

Thanks for the update! You are amazing. Congrats on figuring out what you are doing next!