Sunday, September 18, 2011

Consequences of not sleeping

Apparently lately there have been a lot of consequences in my life.
(Consequences for writers block a few days ago being an example)

For another example, here is my list of consequences linked to my inability to sleep this week.
  1. Next to no working out - this makes me cranky and my muscles tight.
  2. Not getting my homework done - I try so hard but the page keeps going in and out of focus.  Unfortunately now I am several hundred pages behind in reading and have not done what my thesis adviser insisted be done...by tomorrow.  Guess I'll be able to do it tonight since I probably won't be sleeping.
  3. Being a tad bit antisocial - I'm cranky why would I want to be around people?
  4. Eating badly - I'm to tired to make things so I pick up gross, fast, and angry food that I eat, even though it makes me sick.
  5. Getting sick - No rest and bad food (among other things) have contributed to the state I am in this morning.  
Even though this was an incredibly tough week for me there were some definite positives.
  1. I met a world-famous anthropologist - I helped pick him up from the airport and he was very kind and interesting.  Not one of those egomaniacs whose articles you read and sometimes run into.
  2. I made it to all of my classes and all but one of my activities.
  3. I got a new project at work (which adds majorly to the stress level, but which is a fantastic opportunity).
  4. Rosie, my family's dog, loves me.  That sounds a bit silly but when you've had an incredibly rough week there is nothing better than the softest little thing running up to you, jumping in your arms and kissing your face.  She also loves to sit in my lap and just cuddle which is nice after a hard day.
  5. The poster sale.  I got 4 new posters that I was going to stick in my kitchen, but I liked them so much I stuck them in my bedroom.  Maybe I'll post them someday - not today though.
So there you go.
There is good and bad to every day - and in this post every week.
So I try to keep on keeping on and count my blessings along the way.

1 comment:

Lynette Yorgason said...

I'm very sorry. I'm having similar feelings this week, but my consequences are of having next to no motivation.